Saturday, March 28, 2009

I heart...

I've always wanted to reply to PaisleyJade's blogs about what I'm loving at the moment. And now (wa'la!) I have me self a dig camera (you may be sorry). So while I'm still learning how to operate this contraption you will have to put up with my amature pics.

Tommy Tomatoes...





We have recently been given two tomato plants. And I must confess, most plants usually die under my care, but for once I've managed to keep these babies alive (there's hope for my future children!). So I was so excited to see my first red tomato. Untouched by worm hands (don't think too hard about that one), unscathed by the stormy weather, un-dead by Nina the tomato eater!

Until today....





Not quite big enough for a salad, or a toastie, this little guy became a light snack. Nice. We've also just been given an avo plant which apparently will only bare fruit in 6 years time. Poor avo plant. That will be a true test of my horticultureness. Yikes.



My hubby...


Last week he cooked me dinner - pasta. And while he boils the mince (which I think is really weird), it always tastes better than when I make it. I love the hand on the hip!


Our house in the middle of the street, our house!



Yes it's a doer-upper, but we have our own roof over our head. Our own pad. Our digs. Our patch. Thanks Jesus.







4 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Yay! Love your photos... and your favourite things. I too took the first little mato off our vine to eat this year! My mum boils her mince too.

Neen said...

So what's with boiling mince? Tim says he knows 3 other people who do it? I just think it's so foreign.

Kate said...

NO NO NO to the mince boiling!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the camera!! :) So nice to SEE whats going on over there!
As for boiling mince... thats weird man!! Weird. ;)Although maybe it's just us South Africans that find it strange!!