Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Eye spy...

So the other day I accompanied a friend to the hospital. We have become 'hospital buddies' and now go with eachother in support. Well out of the two of us, I do the fainting and she loves pain, so we're a great mix.

It was her turn to go, and she said that she may need a driver as they were taking a look at her eyes and might be putting some drops in.

So off we went. She was excited. I was praying that even though it wasn't my turn that I wouldn't pass out.

Her name was called and we walked into the eye doctors office. We met the eye doctor who reminded me of a potato with attitude. No offense to this guy at all but he had no personality whatsoever! Each time he asked my friend to sit down or move her chin or lean back, he did so in robotic fashion. (Maybe that's what you get for operating those flash eye machines on a regular basis, I dunno...)

But seriously I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. I then had a look around at his office and it all began to make sense to me. A very cold, plain office. The only pictures on the walls were that of the inside workings of the human eyeball. The most interesting thing in that room was the giant plastic eyeball sitting on his desk (I really wanted to touch it, but feared that Mr Personality might scold me or at the worst squirt me with eyedrops!).

And I thought to myself no wonder. This guys has no sunlight, no colour, no aquarium or pot plants to make him smile. That office was just plain old boring, and it had taken it's toll on this poor eye doctor.

You can tell alot about a person by seeing their bedroom, or favourite place of the house. And I guess a little spiritual lesson I get out of this, is what you surround yourself does effect your life. Whether it is music, people or any other outside influence, it will show up somewhere in your life.

6 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

yay neen :) glad to hear you didn't faint too! great post - keep them coming tehehe

PaisleyJade said...

Haha - we are trying to make our house as neutral as possible because there is so much colour and chaos with children, life and toys. We might go all boring!

CrazyBunny said...

Very true! My fav spot in my house is in the ray of sun that comes in through the glass door in the lounge. Although the lounge is decorated mainly in browns I splashed a bit of red about :)

Symon said...

*burp*

Rachel Kate said...

hahaha symz... you forgot the grunting tho...

Anonymous said...

*taps foot* so where's the next post.... *taps foot*
;)