Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ode to Kiwifruit

Right now if I was a ferry - this would be me:




There once was a girl named Neen
Who drove out to Poroti
In a packhouse she stayed
Counting kiwifruit all day
I'm surprsied her sanity she did keep
Kiwifruit round, brown and furry
Made Neen's eyes very itchy and blurry
But on Friday at last
The season did pass
And she's back to live life in a hurry
Neen learnt many things on her journey
Like plixes, OB mites and staff fury
But coffees and cake
More cheery things did make
And she's sure to miss her new mates
Goodbye little haywards so fluffy and brown
I will not miss you nor wear a frown
Instead I will sleep
Hopefully counting sheep
And dreaming no more of getting up at the crack of down (dawn)
PEACE OUT!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

If you were a type of kiwifruit, you would be the A grade "let's send her to Japan" kinda fruit. Cos you are gold.

Neen said...

Wow! So you did learn something on the one day that you worked!!! I'm impressed...but the word you're looking for is Protocol A.

PaisleyJade said...

Love the poem, love the honesty... and I totally agree with Kate - you are protocol A!

jacksta said...

Im diggin the poetry... Im looking forward to catching up sometime!

Rachel Kate said...

yay for the end neen :) hope you get a great break!

Symon said...

I thought you lost your sanity long ago ;-)

Hey Neen... would you consider becoming a follower on flannelgraph? I'm on a mish to promote great Christian Fiction... and there are prizes too ;-)