Friday, July 31, 2009

Pasta Night!

So I've been wanting to make home-made pasta for ages, and since my amazing uncle Ray has a pasta making machine, we decided to make a night out of it. And what fun it was! I'm sure I'm half Italian as I could just live on the stuff.

We made two kinds of pasta. Ravioli, filled with basil feta cheese, pastrami and sundried tomato, and smothered in a Alfredo sauce (oh the smothering!), with cracked pepper and a fresh garden salad.

And with the left over pasta dough we made Tagatelli - which had to hang on our clothing rack overnight to dry! I knew that clothing racks had other hidden talents.

And believe me, once you've eaten the fresh home-made stuff, you will never want to eat the packet pasta from the shops ever again! I am now ruined. I was surprised to find that after eating a plate-full of home-made pasta, I didn't feel stuffed or bloated either.....mmmmm interesting thought.

So here are a few pictures of the night. Everyone had a go at rolling the pasta - and of course eating it!


The dough.

Preparing the filling.



The rolling.

Making the Ravioli.




Wa-La! Lets eat!



Thanks clothing rack.

5 comments:

Arna said...

how exciting!! :D yay

jacksta said...

very cool. Will have to bring some to the next marrieds shared dinner!

PaisleyJade said...

Yum!!! I have a burning desire to make my own now too! Never realised how multi-talented clothes racks were.

Miss Becky-Boo said...

Yummo Nina, lets do pasta for lunch sometime!

Rachel Kate said...

man that looks good!!