Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pie

I love going to different cafes and trying their home-made pies! Last week in Auckland, husband and I decided to spend the morning of the end of the conference having breakfast at Verde - a cottage/garden/gift shop/cafe.


So my pie instict kicked in and I decided I was hungry enough to have one for breakfast. Chicken, bacon and leek it was - and boy - Yumbo!

Being inspired by the savoury delight I tried making my own version with short pastry.



Being smaller than the average 'guy pie', one is not enough! Ideally puff pastry would be better, but it has heaps of butter so I opted for the 'lighter' version. Like my crosses?


What pie fillings do you like?




3 comments:

jacksta said...

mmmm looks tasty. I want some pie now!

lesmondj said...

Anything savoury in a pie...with CHEESE...and i'm there. Ditto for toasted sandwiches (quickzees)

PaisleyJade said...

YUM!!! They look so tasty and are making me drool! I love pies... especially bacon and egg or anything with cheese in. Mini pies at Flame?? You could become the 'Pie Lady'.