Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tweet Tweet part II

I really didn't think that birds could teach me this much - and yes I do get out! But there's more and if you're reading this then obviously you're curious about these little feathered creatures.

Ever been stalked? How about followed? Stared at? Well these little birds are getting used to feasting outside my window and now when I'm in the kitchen or sitting at the table THERE THEY ALL ARE! All perched on the fence staring, waiting, twittering away. It's like an alien presence - you know? When you just have that feeling that someone is watching you? Yep. I'm just glad I never watched that old horror movie about those birds....

Besides being stalked and stared at by these little guys, I am actually quite flattered that they're getting used to me feeding them now. It's quite cute really to see them sitting there and waiting for a morsel to fall from the sky (or thrown from a window with very bad 'girl' aim! So what? I throw like a girl cos I am one.)

I think what I love the most about our current situation here in the back garden in the hood of Morningside, is their great expectation! They now expect to be fed. They come hungry. They've stopped their normal bird schedule because they want something from me. And it makes me want to feed them even more than before because I know that they've come for it. I want to start throwing out all sorts of goodies, not just bread, but yummier stuff, cos I want them to be full and puffy when they attempt to fly away after feasting.

And yes this is God's lesson to me and you about expectation. If I feel this way about feeding little birds every day, can you imagine what God feels for us when we come with an excitement and an expectation?! Wow. I believe He wants to give us so much more than what we expect. So much more than the usual 'manna' or 'daily bread' that we get used to.

My question for us then is are we asking God for more? Or have we settled for the norm in our prayer lives, in our Bible reading, in our worship?

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen" Eph 3:20,21

Tweet tweet indeed....

2 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

more amazing gems from nana neen! when i grow up (if that ever happens) I want to be just like you :)

PaisleyJade said...

Loving your birdy posts - so good - we want more Lord! You so need to watch "The Birds" - scary!