Thursday, July 24, 2008

Outta here...

So I was lying in bed a couple of mornings ago when I hear this, "OH MY GOSH!!!!!"

My darling was in the bathroom having a moment. I'm wondering what on earth is going on in there? All he's meant to do is take a shower. Nothing technical, nothing too dramatic, just shower that's all.

So his "Oh my gosh" episode continues and while I'm lying there wondering, his exclamations grow in volume and intensity. (Let me remind you at this stage that I am the calm one in the relationship. It takes a lot to rattle me, so I find amusement at my husbands expense!).

"What did you do?" I say, still wondering how a simple shower can turn into chaos.

"The towel rail has just come off." So I go to have a look, and sure enough Mr has somehow ripped the left side of the towel rail off from the wall. Okay here comes an instant flashback from our Waipu holiday. I thought we were only into breaking other people's things. Apparently not.

"The towel was all bunched up in the one side so I just pulled it, and it came off."

"Of course." I said, examining the damage.

So we can't fix it. We're musicians. (This was a thought I have had many times before we got married by the way. None of us are fix-it type people. At least we know people.)

Okay lets see. Well the broken towel rail can go along with the cupboard handle that has come off which goes along with the front door that doesn't open or close properly which goes with the toilet door that sticks which goes with the two rooms which don't have curtain rails which goes with the tv which doesn't have an aerial which goes with the fire alarm we can't reach which goes with the door which we can't fit most furniture through which goes with our garage which we can't fit our car into.......

Nice....I'm adding it to my collection of why I want OUTTA HERE!

Needless to say, it has been a rather nice area to live in. At least we have a roof over our heads, so thank You God!

Can't wait to watch the guys hoist our furniture off the balcony again. Yep I'm serious! Will have to take pictures of that one.

11 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Haha - for a minute there I thought you were going into more detail as to the towel rail coming off on your holiday... not ANOTHER towel rail... Tim doesn't know his own strength... maybe he has super powers and just doesn't know it yet?

Stephen said...

Maybe he's going Amish?

Rachel Kate said...

i love it! posts on dumb stuff that we do just to show that we're "normal" human beings after all... and I definitely agree with kristy and think you must be married to a super hero :)

Arna said...

just so you know - it was guys and A GIRL who hoisted that furniture up. Yep I was there. Holding the rope and pulling :D haha

Miss Elizabeth said...

Ahh so my *unscrew the towel rail before you leave the flat trick* has finally been discovered teehee. Maybe you shuold get in touch with the landlord to fix some of the problems...aahh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Symon said...

Super T.I.M (Towelrail Intolerant Male)

Kate said...

Glory be...THREE musicians under one roof! Them are gonna be some good times. Thats broken towel rail, TIM : 2points...NINA: Nil
Big Iron burn on carpet in Rachels house, KATE : 1point

Rachel Kate said...

plus a broken glass and 1 bowl: kate 5 points, broken wine glass: rachel 2 points. kate ur really good at this game :)

Neen said...

After all the super hero comments, my Love is now walking around flexing his arm muscles! Thanks guys....

And Jason, you're getting a wedgie.

Miss Elizabeth said...

I still await this Wedgie. Its been coming for ages...and so is Christmas...

CrazyBunny said...

Hey Nins!
Very cool blog :) I like it!! Keep it up.