Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tarewa Road - here we come!

Well miracles still do happen and some of them come in the shape of houses!

For ages we've been looking around for another place to rent. Something cheaper so we can save and pay off loans (Tim's loans of course - as I went up the aisle DEBT FREE! I just want to add that piece of information. But then he is in a profession, and I...am not...)

Anyway, we needed something close to town like in Maunu or Morningside or even Raumanga but just couldn't seem to find anything that we could afford.
On our weekend away Tim and I decided to bless someone financially (see peps - giving is go great!), and almost as soon as we walked through our front door the phone rang.
"It's Wyn here and I'm working for a mate in his house in Tarewa Road. They're looking for tenants are you interested?"
First of all I thought this just sounds too good to be true. And then I heard the asking price and yep it was more than we are paying now, so immediately my brain said 'no.' I then had the notion (I get these every now and then, sometimes they hurt) that if we had another flatmate we could sooooo live there. And we do....no prizes for guessing who.

So HALLELUJAH! and a dance of joy later, we pile into the car and go see the place. It's an older home but the atmosphere is homely and the landlords are busy painting it and doing some repairs. It has an open fire place and a massive lounge, not to mention two separate garages and heaps of storage space down below. It even has a lemon tree! Now that's a bonus!

So God is once again the hero of the day. He is faithful and He looks after His kids - even the ones who break other peoples stuff and nearly burn down their kitchens!
Now Tim can walk to school....tee hee....

5 comments:

Arna said...

hello!! :)
who is going to be your flattie?? or should I have guessed?
told you the perfect place would come up in perfect time! xx

Rachel Kate said...

yaya great news guys :)

Neen said...

My darling sister Katie-pops will be our flattie....well until we have our own little family.

Kate said...

It's taken 25 years...but I knew that someone would adopt me someday!!

Arna said...

beautiful! EXCELLENT idea!!