Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waipu. Why not?

A weekend away - YAY!
My darling and I decided to 'disappear' for the weekend, so to Waipu we ventured. We have realised over the last year or so that we are one of those 'clumsy couples.' It seems that no matter where we go or where we stay or who we hang out with, we are bound to break something, embarrass ourselves, or cause bodily harm to eachother - by accident of course.

So we stayed at a lovely little bach. And on Tim's first shower, he managed to scold himself with hot water, jump out of the shower in shock and proceed to grab the towel rail and rip it from the wall in an attempt to steady himself by not revealing all to the elderley neighbours! (The shower being outside and all). Meanwhile I was wondering why his shower seemed so short and there was no singing accompaniment...

I of course nearly set a smoke alarm off by burning our french toast one night. Not wanting the alarm to scare our hosts I naturally (and normally) ran around like a mad woman opening windows, sliding doors and putting on fans. I made sure I had a towel nearby incase I needed to fan the smoke away from the alarm. Tim being in histerics not helping!!! (According to husband I have a 'thing' with smoke alarms). Whatever....

And out of everything we could have left behind, I left Tim's toothbrush! How on earth did I forget that?! It was right next to mine! Guess he needs a new one anyway.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Symon said...

Welcome to blogland Neen! Awesome first post! You and smoke alarms... hmmmmmm. Weren't you responsible for my birthday cake at Essence? ;-)

Neen said...

mmmmm....husband reminded me of that one as well when i was trying to not burn down the bach!

Kate said...

Hey Nins, hello! I love reading your stuff, you so crazy and I love you xxx

PaisleyJade said...

Yay - Nina in Blogsville! Reminds me of when Mandrake and I housesat once... we broke the iron, stained the lino in the kitchen and thought we had wrecked their bathroom vanity... very stressful this housesitting business! Love your post and blog.

Rachel Kate said...

tehehehe the clumsy girls are the best ones neen :) welcome to blogging!

lesmondj said...

Ahhh, I haven't laughed so hard for ages. Sorry Tim, all at your expense too. Good times!