Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sweet muffins from Heaven!

Well Kristy and Arna, you girls have inspired me to do some baking. I don't often bake but when I do I really enjoy it!

So, if you ever get to eat one muffin before you die, then this is THE muffin. White chocolate and date muffins. Wow. I had a baking sesh with a good friend of mine a week ago and she shared this amazing recipe with me. So yesterday I needed a distraction from the thought of having to preach, so into the kitchen I ventured! And wala....




The amazing thing about these muffins is that the white chocolate caramilizes on the outside of the muffins and goes all sticky! I know! Can it get any better than this?

Caution: You can only eat ONE of these muffins in a sitting. If you try to eat another you WILL throw up (or in an extreme case have a lot of gas - there are dates in these after all!) Very rich. Very deadly if you overdose.


So go on give it a go. Its just the basic muffin recipe, and then you chuck a whole heap of cut up dates and white chocolate buttons. And because it is a heavier muffin (full of daty goodness) it won't rise as much, but that's okay, we don't judge - we leave it up to our tastebuds!
Enjoy!




3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Oh yum! Very impressed Nins... will have to give this one a go! Hope last night went well - we were thinking of you. xK

Symon said...

Very deadly to whom? The eater, or ones in close proximity to the eater? That is the question.

Neen said...

Hey thanks Kristy. Lastnight went well. We were all very proud of Jason for 'carrying' the service. And Symon, honestly I don't know how you manage to stay saine when you have to preach all the time! And the answer to your muffin question is.....its the muffin who dies cos people eat them...duh!